- Create an account for yourself on LaunchPad.
- Upload your ssh signature as per https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/CreatingAnSSHKeyPair
- Log in to Launchpad: On Centos:
bzr launchpad-login <your-launchpad-login>
bzr whoami <your-launchpad-login>
- Get the latest trunk source code: For the server:
bzr branch lp:~openerp/openobject-server/trunk
For the modules:
bzr branch lp:openobject-addons
- To update (cf. svn update, i.e. freshen) your branch later:
How to contribute your changes to the OpenERP Community
- Join the OpenERP Community here: https://launchpad.net/~openerp-community
- You should probably create a bug or mod with a Blueprint on Launchpad in the appropriate project.
- Make your changes.
- Commit to your local branch.
cd addons bzr ci -m "Testing Modifications"
- Push your changes up to Launchpad.
cd addons bzr push lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/YOURLOGIN_YOURBRANCHNAME
Don’t forget to set the status of your branch (new, experimental, development, mature, …) so that contributors know what they can use or not.
- Bind your local branch to the one on Launchpad so that future commits will be applied directly to the one on Launchpad.
bzr bind lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/YOURLOGIN_YOURBRANCHNAME
- Further editing would then follow these steps:
bzr pull # Get modifications on your branch from others EDIT STUFF bzr ci # commit your changes on your public branch OR bzr ci --fixes=lp:453123 # Where 453123 is a bug ID
- Update your branch from its parent branch:
- Once your branch is mature, mark it as mature in the web interface of launchpad and request for merging in the official release. Your branch will be reviewed by a commiter and then the quality team to be merged in the official release.
- You can find the main OpenERP projects from this page: https://launchpad.net/openobject
- You can find more about OpenERP’s development process here: http://doc.openerp.com/v5.0/developer/1_1_Introduction/2_launchpad.html